-The tiles are exact reproductions of the originals, with permission of the author, in glazed tiles and cooked at 980ºC.
-All tiles have a hanger on the back to put it on vertical surfaces.
14,90€+ Free Shipping
One of the more interesting places of Madrid. Extensive square, with its gardens and sculptures tributes to different monarchs, which stretches between the palace and the Royal theatre.This square was started by José Bonaparte, with the intention that the Alcazar was seen from Puerta del Sol. To do this, and by order of this monarch, they had to demolish old buildings, with the consequent of the disappearance of medieval houses and therefore the streets of Tesoro, Parra, Carnero, Buey, Juego de la Pelota and Jardín de la Priora, which existed until 1810, and in whose centre was the square of San Gil. At one end of this square as we know it now, in the garden of Lepanto, was in ancient times located the door of Balnadú, in the north of the wall of Arab Madrid.
In the center of the square is an equestrian monument in honor of king Felipe IV, made in the XVII century by Pietro Tacca, on a pedestal with different sculptural motifs and two fountain added in the XIX century.
The floor of this square consists of Central Gardens, the cabo Noval Gardens, and the Lepanto Gardens, as well as the already mentioned statues in honour of different spanish monarchs, and the central one dedicated to Felipe IV.
It is surrounded by the Palacio Real, Plaza de la Armería, Sabatini Gardens, Teatro Real and Real Monasterio de la Encarnación. In this square are also archaeological remains exhibited in the underground car park of a watchtower muslim of XI century, that were discovered during the last remodeling of the plaza in the year 1996.